Software Developer, IT Specialist
Application developer interested in full stack development with a focus on back end functionality. Enjoys an agile environment with collaborative staff and those who are always seeking to improve.
- Proficient in Java and a good working knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with enterprise design, architectural patterns, app security
- Capable with RESTful services, SOAP, MQ pub-sub messaging
- Experience with cloud technologies, deployment strategies, design concepts
|Languages||General||Java/J2EE, SQL (Oracle & DB2), NodeJS, NoSQL (MongoDB)|
|Libraries||Spring, JSP, Express, Hibernate, Eclipselink|
|Software||Code||Eclipse, IntelliJ, VSCode|
|Other Tools||GIT, SVN, NPM, Maven, CloudFoundry, WebSphere, SPLUNK|
Chase, Application Developer, 2016 - Present
Full stack developer in a transforming environment (from waterfall to agile). Add functionality to existing applications, as well as enhancements such as security and performance.
- Application SME, technical lead and security champion
- Lead production deployments, code review other teams, assist with other applications
- Triage priority one production defects real time to prevent customer impact
- Drastically reduced security risks and ASC (Application Security Champion) certification.
- First to migrate older applications to new internal Cloud Foundry environment
Java + Spring (JSF/JSP), JAXB SOAP & REST, Maven, DB2 SQL (CRUD), Hibernate ORM, Cloud Foundry, Jenkins + Shell
Nationwide, Sr Software Developer, 2014 - 2016
Full stack developer in an agile environment at Nationwide’s Application Services department. Create new features and maintain existing functionality to transition a Tier 1 application from Swing to AngularJS. Lead, develop, and design complex features for massive retirement plan software.
- Project tech lead for new mass alerting system, impacting millions of clients and customers
- Full stack development on a top tier application in transition from Swing to AngularJS
- Senior status in one year, advanced career path of coworker, and mentored an intern
Java + Mojo, Ant/Gradle, Oracle SQL (CRUD), Toplink ORM, ESP Batch, Swing, JAXB REST & SOAP, Angular
Cardinal Health, Software Analyst, 2012 - 2014
Provide Tier 1 & 2 hardware and software support to clients and customers across the nation. Supported both EDI document flow & NPS team simultaneously. Small team with limited to no resources on a brand new software rollout aimed to change pharmacy workflow entirely.
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Nuclear Pharmacy Services (NPS)
- Created and maintained support application “zNote” which streamlined note taking and provided fast and easy access to frequently needed information for the team.
- Worked closely with Fusion development team on new software deployments
HTML/CSS/AJAX, Unix, MySQL
The Ohio State University – Columbus, OH, 2011 Associate Degree in General Education & Engineering
I am a maker. Construction, prototyping, and of course programming peak my interest. I invest heavily in robotics such as CNC machining, 3D printing, and laser fabrication. Electronic parts and experiments litter my home.